It’s never easy to be riding your motorbike when your phone is ringing; you have to stop to respond to the call. Motorcycle riders have long desired the ability to communicate, listen to music, and receive instructions via Bluetooth. However, not every helmet features such ingenuity. So it’s crucial to know how to install a Bluetooth headset on a motorcycle helmet.
Some helmets already have Bluetooth built-in, with helmet intercom and audio devices inside. Other helmets require the headset to be installed on the helmet, later to connect to a mobile phone. There are various methods for attaching the headset to your helmet. In this guide, I’ll show you two effective methods to install a Bluetooth device on a motorbike helmet.
- Can You Use Bluetooth Headset On A Motorcycle?
- Why Should You Wear Headphones?
- Riding With Headphones: Safety Helpful Hints
- How To Install A Bluetooth Headset On A Motorcycle Helmet?
- Why Do You Need Bluetooth Headset On A Motorcycle?
- Final Words
Can You Use Bluetooth Headset On A Motorcycle?
We exist in a universe where digital products and devices rule. There are numerous reasons why you want to learn how to install a Bluetooth headset on a motorcycle helmet. Using GPS, listening to songs on Bluetooth speakers, and talking on the phone are the common jobs a Bluetooth headset does. It’s also great for music sharing, navigation, and communication between 2-3 Riders or more.
Is it, however, safe to ride with earbuds? Let us investigate.
Why Should You Wear Headphones?
Cruising with some types of headphones may help you while driving. It may be better to have your GPS send commands to your ear so that you can hear what it’s saying over the noise of your engine. This is generally safer and more efficient than stopping and looking at a map each time you have to make a turn.
You may need to make a phone call whilst also riding your motorbike in certain instances. Conversing for extended periods isn’t advisable when you should be paying attention to the road, but chances are you’ll need to check in with friends and family or work during your daily commute. If you are in a mishap, you should be able to summon assistance without moving your body or attempting to reach for your mobile.
That is why it is critical to use a motorbike Bluetooth headset that enables hands-free calling and communication. Simply talk into your helmet, and the device will sync it to you to your mobile and record. You can send instructions, send texts, and make phone calls using your voice.
It’s especially great if you’re a vlogger. If you get an ideal helmet for motovlogging, things like great sound quality to noise suppression technology. Apart from premium sound and music call control, you can also control the Bluetooth module for noise-free commentary as you ride.
Some motorcycle riders enjoy listening to music while riding. It’s always vital to keep your attention on what’s going on around you while doing so. Music, on the other hand, can enhance mood and energy levels while driving. It can help you go into sync with your motorcycle as you feel the waves run through you, relieving the strain of riding a motorbike.
Find voice-activated motorcycle helmet speakers so you can adjust the volume or adjust songs without having to look down at your phone. Include relaxing tracks that will allow you to stay focused on driving.
Riding With Headphones: Safety Helpful Hints
While many motorcyclists enjoy playing music while riding, some techniques are more dangerous than others.
- Never ride with headsets or normal earbuds in your ears. This could even be a violation of state and local riding laws. When riding, never use noise-canceling tech. Other motorists should still be able to communicate with you if they want to get your focus.
- Make the transition to wireless when you’re not muddled on your motorcycle. Your range of motion and angle of vision should not be hampered by the audio system.
- When driving a vehicle, Headset technology is the best option for listening to songs or talking on the phone. It eliminates the need for cords while still providing a good, dependable signal. For an uninterrupted connection, look for a Bluetooth 5.0 enabled module.
- Ensure that the system supports activation so that you will not have to take your attention away from the road. In every situation, the helmet should identify your voice. You should not be compelled to check your phone while riding. – For extra peace of mind on the highway, choose a device with extended battery life. You don’t want your emergency communication system to go out of service when you need it.
- You should not put your safety at risk by listening to songs while driving. Use a full-face helmet with a Bluetooth motorbike connectivity system to keep you safe in any situation.
How To Install A Bluetooth Headset On A Motorcycle Helmet?
Method 1: Installing Bluetooth on Interior Foam
It is critical to follow the proper procedure based on the Bluetooth headset model, as you would like to install it for purpose of communication while riding. Installing the headset on your headwear necessitates the use of a few tools. The following items are required:
- A helmet is required.
- Clean cloth
- Universal multi-sport Bluetooth headset with speaker
- A marker
- A blade
- An alcohol
- A fresh cloth
- Cordless drill
Follow the steps below to install the Bluetooth headset on your helmet:
- Examine the helmet’s inner liner: Do this part before actually installing the headset. This ensures that the speaker can send it to the ear. This step entails looking through the foam to see if there is sufficient room for the headphone. To locate a suitable location, trace the area with a marker.
- Peel if necessary: Some headgear will not have sufficient space, so the lining must be peeled back. This step is dependent on how bulky the inner liner is. Before you cut and install, take into account the width of your helmet’s liner.
- Cut the groove: Once you’ve determined an appropriate location for the Bluetooth, cut out the foam for the speakers. To complete this step, use a knife to cut out the foam liner around your ears. Before installing the speakers, it must accommodate the helmet similarly. Remove the foam from around the speakers.
- Clean the area: Using a clean towel, rub the pocket area with alcohol. This aids in preparing the area for the installation of the speakers.
- Place the speaker in: Carefully remove the paper from the Velcro support of the speaker systems and press it to the area where the foam has been cut out. Check that the speaker moves in sync with the mic. Have foam around speakers so that it doesn’t wobble around.
- Place the microphone: The microphone and amplifier in the headgear are at the corner. This should keep the Bluetooth device working while the mic should be aligned with your mouth during this step. A pencil can be used to indicate the area.
- Secure them inside: After you’ve installed the mic and amps, you’ll need to attach the Bluetooth helmet microphone to the headgear itself. This step entails drilling holes for the retaining screws. To excavate the holes, use a battery-powered drill and make them a suitable size for the headphones to fit into.
- Poke a hole for the mic: Do this in one corner of the headgear to insert the mic. Insert the screws and fasten the bolts with the nuts.
- Secure the wires: When mounting the mic on the headgear, the cords should be hidden in the inner liner and securely fastened.
- Run a test: Combine the boom mic with the headgear and conduct some tests with other devices. This ensures that the Bluetooth headset can connect to various devices.
After you have finished testing, your Bluetooth headgear is ready to go. A few things to keep in mind and make sure during the process though:
- The battery in the speaker is enough for a couple of hours standby time
- Has a decent audio quality with advanced noise control technology
- The latest version of the module (Not Bluetooth 3.0)
Method 2: Installing Bluetooth without Removing the Foam
This method entails installing the set of headphones without modifying the exterior or cutting the interior liner. This method entails much less effort and is much simpler than the last one. If you just want to install the foam without having to cut it out. Simply follow the steps outlined below:
- Buy a basic Bluetooth receiver as well as a couple of stereo headphones.
- Remove the headsets and place the speakers inside the helmet. You must detach the Velcro stickers from the speakers and bind them into your headgear to complete this step.
- Then, using glue magnets, adhere them to the Bluetooth adapter.
- Glue tiny metal plates to the helmet in the spot where you want the receiver to be.
- The receiver should then be placed in the same location as the Bluetooth adaptor and the small metal plates. The receiver is simple to take out.
- Connect the speakers and perform a quick test on a few different devices. This will indicate if the Bluetooth can connect to various devices while riding.
- The Bluetooth helmet is now ready for use.
How to Install Bluetooth on Your Helmet: Useful tips
- When deciding which pair of headphones to install on your helmet, look for models that are compatible with your helmet. Not all Bluetooth headsets will fit comfortably on your headgear. Contemplate Bluetooth headsets and speakers for your trip.
- When slashing the foam, make sure that the overall foam does not come out of your helmet. The primary function of your foam is to safeguard your head. If you would like to install Bluetooth, you must be careful when cutting out the inner liner foam.
- When you must dig a hole in the helmet, ensure that the dimensions of the holes you have drilled fit well with the headset. If the fasteners come undone or drop off, attempt to find another way to secure the set of headphones to your helmet.
- When attaching any parts of the headphone to the helmet, take care not to affect the outside of the headwear.
- Make sure the audio experience is good enough and you get a decent battery life with wireless and button control.
Why Do You Need Bluetooth Headset On A Motorcycle?
It Contributes To The Safety Of Your Loved One
Couples rider are more likely to stay safe at all times when they can interact effectively. If you’re more in number, consider getting 2-way intercom 3Riders pair (or more) capable helmets Having at least a basic bluetooth communicator offers so many benefits:
- Aids in alerting other motorcyclists in the group to potential hazards or traffic ahead.
- Allows for easy interaction between a rider and a commuter.
- Reduces the need for riders to use hand motions, allowing them to keep their fingers on the handlebars.
- Aids riders in keeping track of what’s happening during a group ride.
- Provides a simple way for anyone in need of assistance to communicate, as well as mobile features, to contact assistance in case of emergencies.
This Results In A More Enjoyable And Linked Riding Experience
Cruising next to each other is one of the most enjoyable aspects of motorcycle riding for many riders. Appreciating the road and the scenic views with your group is an incredible experience, and it’s even good when you have an incredibly simple way to communicate with your group.
Whenever you’re riding around a city you’re unfamiliar with, you have two options: look at your phone or a map, or gut instinct and pray. This implies risky driving or getting lost a lot, neither of which is conducive to having fun trying out a new position on your motorcycle. Enter the motorcycle intercom system.
If your safety helmet has an intercom system, such as those made by Fodsports, you can call up Google Maps, connect your mobile to the headset, and roll. Google will almost certainly provide you with directions as you travel, ensuring that you don’t miss out on the landscapes along the way simply because you have to recollect the route.
Call 911 As Soon As Possible
We don’t want to ponder about it, but mishaps do happen from time to time. If a collision occurs, one of the most important things you can do is call emergency services in the event of a car accident. But what if you can’t connect to the internet or remove your helmet?
The automated voice system has the potential to save your life. Voice-activated functions are available in Bluetooth Communication. You can make a perfectly hands-free phone conversation if you are dealt with or unable to move. If you are fixed and also unable to link to the phone, you can instruct your phone to call 911 immediately to assist you.
Listen to your favorite music and radio stations
Are you sick of hearing the wind while riding? And would like to listen to music or read a story. Motorcycle intercom systems can assist you in accomplishing this goal. If you have a smartphone, you can relocate any product that is waiting in line to the headgear to appreciate. This is, of course, music stored on the phone. FM radio is built into some Bluetooth intercoms. By pushing a button, you can listen to a variety of FM channels.
When you and the commuter have Bluetooth connections, you could also share the soundtrack with your companion to express your inner joy. Then, stay to enjoy the fun of all of you listening to the very same thing at the moment.
There you go, two instructions for how to install a Bluetooth headset on a motorcycle helmet. As you’ve seen, these two techniques are excellent for placing the helmet in whatever manner you desire for your ride.
If your headgear does not have a Bluetooth port by default, follow either of the guidelines above. After you’ve fitted the Bluetooth, you’re ready to travel with a helmet that has a headset fitted.